CIEE Art and Sciences Program in Hyderabad, India
With jaw-dropping architecture that ranges from Gaudi’s unfinished Sangra Família to the avant garde Torre Agbar to the Golden Fish sculpture designed for the 1992 Olympics, Barcelona is dream city for people who love design. Regardless of your Spanish skills, you can see these spectacular structures up close, and learn about the culture and history behind them – and even intern with a leading architectural firm. There’s more – you’ll also travel beyond Barcelona to see more significant examples of design (and culture!) throughout the region.
Study abroad in Hyderabad and you will:
- Get a leg up on your professional career with experience at a prominent architectural or design firm.
- Learn from experienced instructors who are highly respected in their field.
- Take day trips to explore beautiful Catalonia, plus a weekend excursion to Bilbao, Madrid, or Seville – see how it’s different from – and the same as – Madrid.
Academics are provided in collaboration with the Study in India Program (SIP) at the University of Hyderabad. As a hub for international undergrads, SIP offers specially designed courses for these students to investigate Indian society, history, and culture.
CIEE students can also choose direct-enrollment courses at 11 of 12 schools at the University of Hyderabad, based on his/her requirements and interests. CIEE students primarily take classes in arts, social sciences, and humanities, though students are encouraged to study science if they meet prerequisites.
University of Hyderabad. Founded in 1974, the university was ranked number one in India in 2010 by the Times of India, and won the Visitor’s Awards for Central Universities for Best University, Innovation, and Research for 2015. Primarily a post-graduate university with 5,000 students and 12 schools, it has a sprawling 2,300-acre campus, 45 minutes from downtown. Courses are taught by the faculty at the University of Hyderabad.
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
Why study in Hyderabad, India?
- Experience world’s largest democracy in a rapidly developing economic center
- Live in a city widely renowned as a nexus of diverse Indian cultures
- Take one or more of your courses with Indian students at University of Hyderabad
- Volunteer opportunities with NGOs
- Extensive field trips to such locations as Andra Pradesh, Mysore, Varanasi, Byllakuppe, Melkote, and Badami
Open to all majors and may be of particular interest in these subject areas:
Global Development Studies
Linguistics: Hindi, Urdu or Telugu
Preparatory coursework recommended by Grinnell
Coursework relevant to South Asia